About Me

My photo
I am a Sasha`s Mommy. I have adopted an angel. She is a precious gift and will grow up as my own.

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Another form in a postbox . . .

At least five of my references have detailed information forms to fill in about me. The forms read: The above named has applied to this society to adopt a child. We would be most greatful if your could let us know, at your earliest convenience, whether you consider her suitable to adopt a child. They then need to comment on my experience with children, how I relate to children and my views on raising a child. They also need to comment on the atmosphere in the home, how I am regarded by friends and family in the community. They want comment on my social life, interests and hobbies. My standard of living, home circmstances and whether these are suitable for a child. They need to indicate whether they think I have sufficient resources, and support to provide for a child`s care and education. What role models have I had to aid me in raising a child. It is quite a form to fill in particularly if you don`t live in the same house with the person . . . but in the end Child Welfare can not be faulted on doing their homework . . . They are truely very thorough. Tomorrow is my last workshop. I am really looking forward to it. After that there is a home visit where the screening process continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment