About Me

My photo
I am a Sasha`s Mommy. I have adopted an angel. She is a precious gift and will grow up as my own.

Sunday 6 March 2011

A name for my baby angel . . .

I did not realise that choosing a name would take me around in so many circles. Being a teacher I have heard almost every possible name. I have always loved double barrel names but then the poor child would have a long name to write forever, and I already have a long surname. At the same time I was looking for a name that was soft and unique. There are so many beautiful names out there already. Some are so beautiful that every second child has that name ;-) I wanted something a little more unique than that. After asking my friends on Facebook to recommend names and them coming up with some beautiful ones I have decided on Sasha Leigh. (Leigh being the second name) The baby angel will, however, come with a name given to her at birth. I will obviously first consider that name and see if Sasha Leigh will suite her before I make a final decision. I can only apply for her name to be changed once the adoption is finalised. The name change could take up to a year to process but more about that later. For now I will call her `baby angel` until I have made my final decision. Sasha is short for Alexander (not sure how they got Sasha from Alexander but anyway)and means "Defender of men." Maybe she will become a lawyer with a name like that ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment