About Me

My photo
I am a Sasha`s Mommy. I have adopted an angel. She is a precious gift and will grow up as my own.

Saturday 5 March 2011

Nesting . . .

Timewise, my flat is going to be painted this coming week. At the same time I hope to get quotes for recarpeting and sort that out followed by buying a new lounge suite. Hopefully that can all be sorted out in the next 4 weeks before the Easter holidays start. During the 2 weeks school holidays my goal is to make my flat look like a home again: hang curtains and pictures in lounge, kitchen and bedroom. Put up mirrors, towel racks and toilet holders in my newly tiled bathroom. Most importantly I want to set up a room for my new baby :-) So far I have a cot and a kind friend is giving me a compactum and I may also be getting a bed with draws in the base. Fortunately I live in a huge old flat with really big rooms. Next week is my second workshop which will be followed by a home visit, but my name can only go on `the list` once I have police clearance. At the last workshop they told us that once your name is on the list . . . (which could be 4-10 weeks from now depending on when I get my police clearance) you need to prepare yourself for 24 hours - 48 hours notice of your babies arrival :-) That does seem short notice but then again all the baby need are nappies and formula and somewhere warm and comforting to sleep :-) At this point I think I have enough to get started with. I have a few different sized nappies and about 7 bottles. The 2 things I will need are formula (only once I know if the baby has any allergies or not) and dummies!! :-) It seems like everyone is recommending nuk dummies. I will get her some for just in case. Then again she may have already attached herself to a different type of dummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment