About Me

My photo
I am a Sasha`s Mommy. I have adopted an angel. She is a precious gift and will grow up as my own.

Sunday 13 March 2011

Where I am in the adoption process . . .

I know I have mentioned before that I am really impressed with Child Welfare`s thorough screening process. I think that every baby or child out there deserves nothing less. It is a pity all women do not have to be screened before being given the go ahead to have a baby ;-)There are 3 things that still need to happen before I am presented to the The Head of Adoptions Child Welfare: (1) Home visit - No date has been set yet. I will give Child Welfare a call this week to set up a date. (2) Police Clearance - Tomorrow is 3 weeks since I applied. People at the adoption workshop told me theirs arrived in the post exactly 6 weeks after applying. (3) Putting together my profile. Once these 3 things are done I am presented by the social workers involved in screening me to the Head of Adoptions Child Welfare for final approval. This is confirmed with a letter. At this point you are officially on 'the list'. I am not in a very big hurry as I know there are already 20 others on 'the list' so my name will probably not come up in the next month or 2 or 3 . . . but possible and hopefully later this year or early next year. My flat renovations are very much on track. The kitchen and bathroom are finished. The painting is nearly done - Just a few touch ups. The new carpets are being installed on Friday. Yesterday I bought pink curtains for the baby angel`s room. When the sun shines through the curtains the room looks pink even though the walls are cream.

1 comment:

  1. aaaahhh. Such an exciting time! Preparing for baby's arrival. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete