About Me

My photo
I am a Sasha`s Mommy. I have adopted an angel. She is a precious gift and will grow up as my own.

Sunday 8 May 2011

Mothers Day - 8 May 2011

Today happens to be Mothers Day :-)

This morning I am going to visit Sasha at Cotlands in Somerset West :-)

Founded in 1936, Cotlands was originally created as a care centre for unwed mothers and their infants, and over the years has evolved into an organisation offering shelter for abused, abandoned, HIV-positive, orphaned and terminally ill children from birth to twelve years of age, as well as community based services to vulnerable children in six provinces of South Africa. I was very impressed during my visit on Friday as to how Cotlands is being run. They are serving the needs of the community in such a fabulous way. They don`t just talk the talk, they walk the walk.

Sasha happened to be placed at Cotlands from a few weeks old as she was born on the 4th of January during the very busy holiday period and there were no foster Moms available. She is a very healthy baby who has been well cared for since birth.

I am taking Nanna and Grandpa to meet her for a little while :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment