About Me

My photo
I am a Sasha`s Mommy. I have adopted an angel. She is a precious gift and will grow up as my own.

Friday 4 March 2011

Screening - Wednesday 2 March 2011

The screening was a 2 hour appointment. It involved spending an hour with each of the social workers seperately.
The first social worker asked me details about what was motivating me to adopt. She asked about my family and our relationships. She asked about my personal relationships and how I had delt with them when things did not work out. I was very honest. I have nothing to hide. She asked about my preferences regarding the child`s sex, age and race. I told her that a baby girl aged 2-4 months was a non-negotiable. As for race. I assume I will not be getting a white baby. I told her I would prefer a coloured baby because I have many coloured friends, so the child would feel quite at home culturally. She said that there are many coloured people/couples wanting to adopt coloured babies and the law says that a child must were possible go to someone of their own race before considering anyone else. She said that there are not as many black people/couples adopting so black babies are often placed cross-culturally. I told her I would love whatever precious baby girl they gave me regardless of race. In the end I have to believe that God in his wisdom will send me the `right` baby :-)
The second social worker wanted to know education and backgrounds of my parents, sister and brother. She asked about their health and attitudes to life. We spoke about discipline and how I viewed it. She spoke about hobbies and social activities and talents I may have :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment